We have developed our own Shopware 6 app, which will replace the Shopware 6 plugin developed by Response GmbH. This plugin will no longer be actively maintained and updated, therefore, we ask you to install the app instead and migrate your existing projects.
Install the app
Please refer to this guide for instructions on how to download and install the Channable app for Shopware 6.
Migrate your existing projects
If you import your products with the app instead of the plugin, you can expect minor differences in some of the fields (see "What differences can you expect" below). These differences might not affect your projects; in that case, you can switch your connections via the steps outlined under "Change import connection" and "Change order connection". If the differences do potentially affect your projects, we advise you to perform some extra steps that are shown at the end of the article, to ensure no problems arise.
Change import connection
- Go to "Setup > Setup Import".
- Find your Shopware 6 import, and click on "Settings".
- Click on "Change import".
- Select the new app connection from the import options.
- Make sure you select the correct language from the dropdown (the same as you previously used for this import) and click "Save".
- You are now redirected to the import mapping. Click "Save & import".
Field names can be different, so before continuing make sure your new import fields are correctly mapped to your existing project fields. Follow the steps below to correctly map the new fields. Check out "What differences can you expect" below for more information about this.
- Go to "Setup > Edit mapping" of your new connection.
- Make sure all of the fields are correctly mapped, by comparing the new mapping with the mapping you have in the original project. Fields that are not in the import anymore, can safely be deleted.
- When you’re finished, click "Save & import".
Change order connection
We can’t change the platform connection in an order connection, so instead you will need to deactivate the old order connection for the plugin and create a new one for the app.
- Go to "Setup > Setup orders".
- For each active order connection that uses the Shopware 6 plugin, click on "Settings".
- Click on" Deactivate order connection" and then click "Save".
- Make sure you do this for all active order connections!
- Now, you will need to add new order connections. You can do this using the button "Setup orders".
- For the Platform connection, make sure you select the new Shopware app connection. For all the other settings, simply choose what you had in the old order connection you just deactivated.
- Make sure to activate the order connection and click "Save".
What differences can you expect?
If a field name contains a special character, your field names might change slightly. For instance, if you have a field called
properties_grösse, the plugin importer would import this as
properties_groessebut the new app importer imports this field as
properties_grosse. You can fix this in the importer mapping. For example:
- The field
properties_groessewas imported via the plugin, and mapped to the project field
- The app now imports this field as
properties_grosse. By mapping it to
properties_groesse, you ensure that no field names are changed.
- The old
properties_groessefield from the plugin can then safely be deleted.
- The field
- The plugin didn’t round some prices. The new app importer will round all prices to two decimals.
If you have a custom field with a
True/Falsevalue, we will import these as 1 (for
True) and 0 for
False). If needed, you can transform these back to
True/Falseusing a (master)rule.
The plugin allowed you to set a custom sales channel domain in the plugin settings. This domain would be used to build the
shopware_urlfields for each product. The app doesn’t have this option, it will use the sales channel domain from the sales channel settings:
price_netis 0 in your backend, it will also be 0 in Channable. The plugin would calculate
price_netitself, but the app no longer does this. You can fix this by either making sure
price_netalways has a value in your backend, or by calculating the
price_netusing a rule, using the
If you have custom fields with type
Media field, we will no longer automatically retrieve the URL of the media. This would put additional strain on your server as we’re doing one additional request per product, so we only want to do this when it’s necessary. If you find that some custom fields contain an ID in Channable where you expect a URL, you can contact us to activate the feature that retrieves the URLs instead.Note: this only works for media field types!