IMPORTANT: Your Wish connection might expire after using it for a while. This will result in a 'failed API' with an error message. To refresh your connection, follow the steps in this article.
Step 1 - Create a Wish account
To create a connection with Wish you need a Wish Merchants account. If you do not have a Wish Merchants account yet, you can create one here: https://merchant.wish.com/open.
Step 2 - Create a new Wish API in Channable
You will first need to create a new connection in Channable. To do this go to [your name top right corner] > Connections > Add connection. Click on "+ Add a new connection" and select Wish.
You will then need to select "Connect with Wish"
You will be forwarded to an overview where you can select the Wish connection. You will then be redirected to your Wish Merchants account where you can accept the permissions for Channable access your store.
After accepting these permissions you will be redirected back to Channable where you can add the Wish connection by clicking on the "Add connection" button. After adding the connection you can navigate to your project and go to APIs > Add new API. A new screen will open with the API Settings where you can click on the connection you have created for Wish. Create a new Wish API by filling out a name under "Label" and clicking on the "Continue" button.
Step 3 - Create your product listings in Channable
Once you have created the API, actually creating your product listings is very simple and fast. You can create your product listings by following the four steps shown below in the Wish API.
You can skip this step as the API does not use the categories.
Create different rules to optimize your productdata. For examples take a look at our common rules support article.
At the image below you can find our preset template for the product listings. All you have to do is to fill it out by clicking on the field itself and selecting what you would like to go in there. For example, the field 'Title' should display the title of your product and so on. When you have finished setting up the product listings, just click 'save' on the bottom of the screen.
Tip! Notice the question mark behind every field, if you hover over the question mark you will see the description of the field and suggestions for possible values.
Note: Wish organizes products based on parent products and variant products. In Channable you need to setup the Wish API with your variant products. If you have variant products with parent/item_group IDs, you need to use the ID field as Unique ID per Item in the Settings tab. In the Build step you can then select a field as Item Group ID. The tool will then group the variant products based on their item_group_id.
You can skip this step as the API does not use the attributes.
Step 4 - Consider the Wish specifications
Wish has some specifications which you need to consider:
- It is not possible to remove a field through the API. For example: if you first supply a color but later remove the field, the color will not have changed in your Wish account. Fields can still be adjusted through Channable and can be removed in your Wish account.
- Apart from the mandatory fields that are indicated in the tool either Size or Color must be filled in.
- At least one image must be supplied.
- The description can not vary among variants and the description of one variant will be used for all variants.
- EAN (UPC) works a bit differently for Wish than what we are used to: each variant_product has the same UPC. So for now we advice to only use the UPC field if you don't have variants.
- Link (Landing Page Url) is also shared per variant. So this means that variants can't have different links.
- It is not possible to remove products, it is only possible to disable them. This is not a issue but something to keep in mind as to avoid having a lot of inactive products in your Wish account.
- Wish copies the Price into the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price(MSRP) field the first time you create a product, we do not control this. So if you change your price make sure to check your MSRP for any weird values.
- The shipping method and price can only be setup on a product level, not on a variant level. All the variants of one product will therefore have the same shipping method and price.
Step 5 - Send your product listings to Wish
Almost there, your product listings are ready to be sent. If you have not activated your webshop go to Settings panel on the left hand side of the screen and click 'activate webshop'. After, go back to the APIs overview and go to "Your Wish API Name" > Settings where you activate the API by selecting "Activate API". After you have completed this step navigate back to then APIs overview and select the blue "Run now" button to sent your product listings to Wish.
Step 6 - Check your product listings for errors
If you have sent you product listings to Wish go to the Preview tab of your Wish API. Click filter on 'error'. Now you can see which product listings have errors and are not placed. Click on a specific error to see more information on what is causing the error and check out our error solutions section on how to correct errors.