Note: We are currently BETA testing this feature. This means that it is not yet available for all customers. We have a small group of customers testing the Bol Repricer feature. When we release this feature it will become a paid add-on. We will notify you further on the definitive release, pricing, etc. when this feature comes out of BETA.
Step 1 - Connect with the Bol.com Open API
In order to start using the Bol.com Repricer, you need to connect with the Bol.com Open API. This requires an Open API access key that you need to request at Bol.com on this page. When you have the Open API access key, add a new connection in Channable by navigating to API's > [your Bol.com API] > Settings > Repricer settings > Add new connection. Select the Bol.com Open API. You will see the following screen, where you can give the new connection a label and put in the Open API access key:
Click on 'Create' to finish adding the connection.
Step 2 - Repricer settings
After connecting with the Bol.com Open API for the repricer, you can select the status under Settings > Repricer settings. Here, you can select if you want the repricer to be active, inactive or on Dry-run. With the Dry-run status, you can preview all the price updates that the repricer would perform without actually implementing the price changes on Bol.com. When you are happy with your configuration and the previewed results, you can switch the repricer to active. The repricer updates will then be sent live to Bol.com.
Step 3 - Repricer Rules
In the Rules step of the Bol.com API, there is a separate tab for your Reprice rules. Here, you can configure the parameters and strategy of the repricer. A reprice rule looks as follows:
In the first part of a Repricer rule, you can configure the following Reprice settings:
- Rule name: the name that will show in the rule overview.
- Strategy: indicating which strategy you want to use for this rule.
Note: We currently only have the 'Competitor' strategy available. This strategy gets price offers from competing sellers and will try to undercut their prices. If your offer is higher than that of a competing seller, the repricer will automatically undercut the competitor's price by 10 cents.
- Minimum price: This field indicates the lowest price the repricer can go to. You can select a field of your choice here, for example a 'minimum_price' field you have calculated in the general Rules section.
Note: If your minimum price is higher than a competitor's price, the repricer will still adjust the price to the minimum price set in the rule.
- Maximum price: This field indicates the highest price you want to use.
IMPORTANT: We always try to undercut the price of the competitor with the lowest price offer. If the lowest price among the competing offers changes (i.e. because the competitor with the lowest price stops selling the product or increases his price), we will increase your price accordingly up to the value of your maximum price.
- Do not compete with: You can indicate that you do not want to compete with certain sellers (for example Bol.com themselves, or a second account of your own) by listing the Bol.com Seller ID here.
In the second part of the Repricer rule, you can set certain conditions. This will influence which products are used for this specific rule. By default, the repricer will include all products if you do not set any conditions. If you want to dynamically configure different repricer strategies/prices for certain groups of products, you can use multiple Repricer rules in which you include the relevant products (and exclude the rest).
Note: The rules will be executed from top to bottom similar to how the categorization rules work. If a product is included in your first Repricer rule, it will not be taken into account for the second Repricer rule even if the products meets the conditions in both rules.
Step 4 - Check the results
When configuring the Reprice rules, you can check how a rule affects individual items. To do this, go to the desired Reprice rule, click on 'Save rule' and then on 'Selected items' on the right-hand side. You will see a list of all the items impacted by this rule. When you click on a single item, you will see the following screen:
On the right-hand side, you see the Prices on Bol.com and the Repricer settings:
- The Prices on Bol.com show a list of the prices of different sellers on Bol.com (including you) and whether you compete with the seller in question or not.
- The Reprice settings show how the Reprice rule configures the parameters for this specific products: the minimum and maximum price, the strategy and 'do not compete with' (if applicable).
You can also check what the Repricer updates will actually do in the Results step under 'Repricer updates':
In this overview you will see all the most recent price changes triggered by the Repricer. There are also different statuses.
- Dry Run: If you still have the Repricer status on Dry-run, the individual updates will also show this here.
- Sent: This means that this price is sent to Bol.com.
- Error: Channable encountered an error in sending the price update to Bol.com.
Note: It will take some time before all data will properly show after activating the repricer. It can be that the updates will still be incomplete when you check them shortly after activating the repricer.