Swatch images are the small thumbnails that appear on the parent page of a product on Amazon. You need to configure them for your variants, so in your Amazon Variants API in Channable. As opposed to the main and additional images, the Swatch images are not configured in the Build step of the Amazon API. Instead, you can find it in the Attribute builder.
If the category you use supports Swatch Images, there is an attribute for the 'Swatch Image Url' in the Attributes step. Amazon has set the following requirements for the Swatch Image Url:
- Images should have 72-pixels-per-inch resolution and be 30 pixels' maximum length (on the longest side).
- The preferred file format is JPEG (.jpg).
- When naming your image, please use the following convention: Product SKU + View Indicator (i.e., .swatch) + File Extension (i.e., .jpg). An example would be: \"15774.swatch.jpg\".
- Save the image to your Web server and supply the URL to the image in this field (the 'Swatch Image Url' field).
You need to configure your image URL to meet the above requirements in order to successfully add it as a Swatch Image to your Amazon parent/variant setup. When you have the correct image URL as a field in Channable, you can connect it to the 'Swatch Image Url' field in the Attributes step of your Amazon Variant API.
- UK: "Swatch Image Url"
- CA: "Swatch Image Url"
- US: "Swatch Image Url"
- DE: "Url Musterbild"
- ES: "Dirección Url De La Imagen De Muestra"
- FR: "Url D'Une Image Swap"
- IT: "Url Immagine Campione"
- MX: "Dirección Url De La Imagen De Muestra"
- NL: "Url Staalafbeelding"