Why Linked Companies?
In Channable, you can manage multiple accounts. Usually, you would be invited to the other account by the owner of that account. You may have gotten access in a number of ways but we now offer a very easy, structured way of connecting to multiple accounts from your main account. With this partner-only feature, Channable creates a parent company and one or more child companies for you to connect with from your parent company.
Just to clarify: a parent company is the managing company, with the child company being the managed company.
This makes sure that:
- All users of the parent company will get access to the child company.
- All users of the parent company will be granted the 'collaborator' role in the child company.
- Any new user of the parent company will automatically have access to the child company.
- Any deleted users of the parent company will also loose access to the child company.
Please take into consideration:
- Only users with access to the user management page can use the Linked Companies feature.
- You have to be logged in to to accept the invitation. Otherwise you log in and have to navigate to the invite link again.
There are a few options/use-cases for this feature, although you may have some others:
- Both Company A and Company C get access to Company B: for example, Company A manages Company B's marketplaces and Company C manages its PPC tool.
- Company A has access to Company B and C: for example, Company A manages both accounts' Channable usage.
- Company A has access to Company B and Company B has access to Company A, where it depends on your login which access rights you have in which company: for example, your company partnered up with another company.
Step 1: Ask your Customer Success Manager to enable the feature
As this is a partner-only feature it is not activated by default, nor do we enable you to do activate the feature. As such, you can email your CSM to activate this feature for you. If you did not receive an email about this feature but are interested, or if you do not have a CSM, please contact our Support department.
Step 2: Creating an invitation link
Once you have this feature enabled, you can start connecting your child companies: the companies you are managing from your main account. This works as follows:
- The parent company creates an invite link through the 'Linked Companies' tab in 'User Access'.
- You click the 'Generate request for access link' button.
- Copy or open the generated link and send this to a user of the company that you want to link your company to.
Step 3: Accepting the invite
You have to share the invite link with either an owner or an employee of the child company that you want to link to. Users with the collaborator role cannot accept invite links.
- A user of the child company uses the link to navigate (or login) to Channable.
- Select the company from the list you want to grant the requesting company access to.
- Grant access and verify that the parent company is shown in the 'Linked companies' tab.
How do I revoke access?
If you want to revoke access from a linked company, you can do this by pressing the 'Revoke' button (an icon of a trash can) in the 'Linked companies' tab. Moreover, in case the invite link was not accepted within 7 days after creation, it will expire.