With our free Google Data Studio Connector you can easily build up-to-date and appealing dashboards that show your most important order KPI's from all your connected marketplaces.
There are two ways to use Channable's order connector for Google Data Studio:
- Make use of Channable's pre-built report template. This is the easiest way to get started with Data Studio and requires no experience.
- Add the Channable Order connector to your existing Data Studio project. This requires knowledge of Google Data Studio and is recommended for experienced users.
How to connect to the Channable template?
Since creating reports from scratch can be time-consuming, Channable offers a pre-built report template, which will provide you with insights after only a few clicks. All you need to do is to set up the connection using the Channable order connector in Google Data Studio.
You can then easily customize the layout to your liking. This allows you to quickly analyze and visualize your data, whether you are an experienced or new Data Studio user.
Follow these steps to connect to Channable’s Data Studio Plugin:
1. Login in your Channable account
2. Click on your “profile” and select “Channable API”
3. Now click on “generate token” and copy both the Company ID and the API Token.
4. Go to Google Data Studio, search for “Channable Order Management” and click on the connector.
5. Authorize the connector and select the Google account which you want to use.
6. Now fill in your credentials which you saved in step 3. Username is the Company ID & Token is the API token.
7. Fill in your Project ID and click on connect. Tick the checkbox if you want to use our template.
The project ID can be found in the Channable app (Settings > Project settings) or in the URL of your project (The ID after /projects/, like: /projects/25928)
8. Click on "create rapport" to finish the setup.
Now you should see the template which is created by Channable. You can customize this one by clicking on the "edit" button.
How to add the Channable order connector to an existing project?
In case you already have a project in Data Studio you can easily add your order data to it. All you have to do is adding a new data source and search for "Channable Order management". To finish the connection you should follow the same steps as described in the previous chapter.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the Channable template look like?
The template has 2 pages. Both pages show general order data of your Channable project.
How can I add data or make changes in the template?
To customize the template you first need to make a copy of it. To do so, you can click on the "three dots" in the top right corner and click on "make copy".
How can I connect the Channable data to an existing Data Studio project?
In your Data Studio project you have to click on "add data". Then search for "Channable Order Management" and follow the steps in the "how to connect the data" section.
How can I change the price format?
It might happen that the price is shown like this format "6,005 €", while you prefer "€6.005" . You can only change this by changing your Google language, so not in Data Studio. To do so, follow the steps in this article.
What does the connector cost?
Using the Channable Data Studio connector is free of charge on its own, however we do invoice the regular 49 euros a month per order connection that's set up in your Channable account.
I got a system error. How can I solve this?
If too much data is retrieved, the "system error" below is shown. You can solve this by selecting a smaller date range.