We have started with the rollout of our eBay V3 API. In this article, we will explain the process of migrating from eBay V2 to eBay V3.
Creating an eBay V3 connection
- Log in to your Channable-account, hover over your name in the top right corner and click “Connections”.
- Click “Add a new connection”
- Select the connection “eBay v3”. Fill in a label for the connection (we recommend making this recognizable and different from your current eBay connection).
- You will be redirected to your eBay-environment. Log in with the credentials seller account you want Channable to connect to.
Note: if you log in with an account that differs from your current eBay-connection, the connection will show an error message upon upgrading to the new connection (see steps below).
- After filling in the credentials, you will be redirected to Channable and the connection will be created in your account.
For a detailed guide on how to set up your new eBay API, please go here for a more detailed explanation.
Upgrading to the new connection
- Navigate to the API-tab, select your current active eBay-API and click on “Settings”.
- Note I: do not create a new API as this requires you to set up product information all over again.
- Note II: Make sure your exporter is not running while you upgrade to V3. This will invalidate the upgrading process.
- Click the button “Upgrade to eBay V3”. The pop-up screen will show the connection you just created. Select this connection.
- Click “Upgrade to V3''. Channable will automatically upgrade your API exporter and any orderconnection you may have to the new version of the API.
For Verify-Only users
The current V2-connection allows you to send products in Verify Only mode (see below)
This status will change in the new version of our eBay exporter. You will still be able to send your products in Verify Only mode. however, the new version will not be able to receive feedback directly from eBay. Instead, the exporter will show error messages that Channable anticipates in your setup. These can vary from invalid payment profiles to missing and incorrect values. Be aware that this is preliminary feedback generated by Channable. Once switching to Publish, eBay may give different error messages which are derived directly from eBay and not by Channable.