Our tool offers an order connection for OTTO, which you can set up yourself or by contacting Support (see this article). The OTTO order connection deviates from other order connections in a couple of points: the setup and confirmation of the shipment.
Order connection setup: Shipped from address
OTTO requires all orders to include an address the order was shipped from. Channable allows you to submit this address when setting up an order connection between your order management system and OTTO.
To fill in this address, go to ‘Setup’ > ‘Setup Orders’ > ‘Settings of your OTTO order connection’. Here you’ll find the option to fill in the address information. Fill in the city you are shipping from and the country code of the country you are shipping from (e.g. “DEU” for Germany)
Return tracking code
OTTO requires you to submit a tracking code for any order, in case customers decide to return the order. This tracking code tracks the potential return shipment of this order. OTTO will use this information to generate a return shipping label.
How to submit a tracking code:
- An order is placed on OTTO. Channable will pick up and create a new order in your order processing system.
- During the processing of this order, you’ll need to create a tracking code and a return tracking code
- As soon as you put the order on “Shipped”, you’ll need to fill in the return tracking key in your Channable account. You can do so by going to “Orders” > “Processed Orders” > Click on the order that should be processed > “Shipment confirmation”. The following screen will open:
- Insert the Tracking code, the Return Tracking Code and the Return Transporter. Note that OTTO only accepts DHL, GLS or Hermes as return carriers.
- Click Send shipment confirmation and Channable will update the order on OTTO.