What is the fulfillment autoswitch?
This feature is applicable to everyone who wants to sell products using both their own fulfillment (FBR) and fulfillment by Bol.com (FBB). The fulfillment autoswitch makes sure that the correct fulfillment type is set, based on the availability of the FBB stock at Bol.com. By using this feature, you no longer have to manually keep track of and adjust fulfillment types if the FBB stock reaches 0.
If the FBB stock at Bol.com is higher than 0, we set the fulfillment type to FBB. This happens for example when Bol.com processes your replenishment shipment.
If the FBB stock at Bol.com is equal to 0, we set the fulfillment to FBR. This happens mostly when the FBB stock of a product gets sold out.
The step-by-step process is as follows:
- In the background, we request the FBB stock from Bol.com.
- Every time the API runs, we determine which fulfillment type is applicable:
- If the FBB stock is greater than 0, we set the fulfillment type to FBB.
- If the FBB stock is 0, we set the fulfillment type to FBR.
- Via 'API > Results > Fulfilment updates' you can check which fulfillment type updates we sent to Bol.com.
Setting up the fulfillment autoswitch
The fulfillment autoswitch can be set up in the build step, using the fulfillment field. Aside from the options FBB and FBR, there is also the possibility to use the option 'AUTO_SWITCH'. You can either activate the feature for all products in the API or apply it to a selection of products:
- Apply to all products in the API by selecting the static value 'AUTO_SWITCH' for the fulfillment option in the build step.
- Apply to a selection of products by using a dynamic field in which you enter the value 'AUTO_SWITCH' for the products you want to activate the feature for. A full explanation of how to set this up can be found in this article.
Pay attention to the following points!
- We only update fulfillment types when the API runs. This is done daily following the schedule in the project settings. If you need more regular updates (up to once per hour), you could consider using the Schedule upgrade add-on, see this article for more information.
- If you use a dynamic field to set up the autoswitch, please be aware of the order of the rules.
If you for example have rules that rely on the dynamic field containing the value FBB or FBR, then those rules might not work properly if you overwrite that value to AUTO_SWITCH in an earlier rule.
- To set up the product to FBR, we need to send a delivery code to Bol.com. Please make sure all products for which you have activated the autoswitch contain a valid delivery code.
- To announce a replenishment delivery to Bol.com the relevant products need to be on FBB. If you start using the autoswitch feature, you have to temporarily change the fulfillment type to FBB. This can be done manually in your Bol.com account or via a rule in Channable, whichever option fits your workflow best.