You can use any Insights dashboard in the rules. To select these fields, click on the 'Back' arrow. If you have different Insights connections, you will see all the names you have given to these connections. Click on the connection from which you want to use the fields and get started!
The fields you can use are:
- CPC or CPS (depending on the channel).
How can I use Insights in rules?
An example of how to use Insight fields in rules is given below.
Calculate ROAS: ROAS = Revenue / Ad Cost
- Create a new Insights dashboard for Google Shopping and select 1 month as the rolling date range.
- Group Insights data based on the data in your import: group on field 'item_group_id'.
- After importing, your data is now available in the “Dashboard Insights” tab. Take a look and dive in!
Explore what the various ROAS values are for your products and identify top performers.
- Create a ROAS-specific rule for your well-, normal-, and bad-performing products in your Google Shopping feed: for example, If “ROAS” is greater than ”5”, Then take “custom_label_1” and set to value “ROAS 500%”. Then continue creating rules for your normal and bad performers.
- Go to your Google Ads account. Your custom labels will be visible in Google Ads and you can now assign a higher “max CPC” to your good performers and a lower “max CPC” to your bad performers, giving you greater control over your ad spend!