There are two options to have client companies appear in the Agency Dashboard.
- Direct access - your email address has been directly invited to a company, as an Owner, Employee, or Collaborator, in the Company settings > Manage access page.
- Agency access - you have access to the company because it is connected to your agency through the Agency Dashboard (by requesting access with a link or creating a new company from the dashboard).
Because we allow for these two types, it can happen that the companies you see in the Agency Dashboard vary from the companies your colleague sees.
Let’s illustrate it with an example.
Anna, Peter, and Max work at an Agency. They use Channable to manage all their clients and they have their own Agency Dashboard.
In total, they work with three clients. Anna’s email address email@example.com is invited to Client 1. Peter’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org is invited to Client 2. Anna has created Client 3 from the Agency Dashboard, thus it is connected to the Agency. Max is a new employee at the Agency and he was just added to the Agency Dashboard in Channable.
As a result, Anna will see Client 1 and Client 3. She can not see Client 2 due to a lack of access rights or invitation to that client.
Similarly, Peter will only see Clients 2 and 3, and Max will only see Client 3.
In general, we recommend using Agency Access (Connected companies) for several reasons:
Simplified client management.
- When you sign a new client and add their company to the Agency Dashboard through Agency Access, all users will automatically see the new client account.
- If you stop working with a client, one of the Marketers can easily disconnect the company from the Agency Dashboard, and it will no longer be visible to anyone. This helps maintain a clear overview with minimal effort.
Streamlined Agency user management.
- If a colleague is suddenly unavailable, there's no need to worry about their access to client companies, as all agency users have access automatically. Similarly, If a new colleague joins the agency, the Agency Lead can simply add them to the Agency Dashboard, and they will immediately have access to all clients.
- If a colleague leaves the agency, by removing them from the Agency Dashboard you will automatically restrict their access to client companies.
If you found yourself in a similar situation as the Agency from the example above, and you want everyone to see the same companies in the Agency Dashboard, you can click the button ‘Convert access’ next to your Direct Access companies. The access will be automatically converted, and all agency users will have access to that company. The owner of the company will also receive an email with a friendly notification about the connection, along with a link to disconnect the company from the agency if they choose to. This process is straightforward and will result in a more streamlined experience for all agency users.
How can I see which access type I have with a certain company?
On the main page by looking at the Access Type. To determine the type of access you have to a company, you can look at the role displayed in the "Access Type" column.
If you have agency access, meaning the company is connected to the agency, your role will be displayed as a Marketer or Agency lead.
On the other hand, if you have direct access, meaning your email address was invited to the company, your role will be displayed as an Employee, Collaborator, or Owner.
The image shows companies with agency access marked in orange and companies with direct access marked in blue.
On the Connected companies page
Look for the "Connected companies" tab at the top of your screen. The companies displayed there are all connected to your agency. If a company is shown on the main page but not on the "Connected companies" page, it means you have direct access to it.