General feed setup
Follow these steps to set up your Facebook Dynamic Ads feed:
- Add a new Facebook Dynamic Ads feed: First, create a new Facebook Dynamic Ads feed by navigating to Feeds > Add new feed and searching for 'Facebook'. Select the Facebook Dynamic Ads feed. Now, you need to select your target Country and Type of market. You can also name the feed. Click on 'Continue' to create the new feed.
Note: The fields you need to fill in the Finalize step greatly differ per market. You can later change the market type in the feed settings if you chose the wrong one.
- Link the right fields in the Finalize step. Make sure to at least fill in all the mandatory blue fields.
Tip! For a description of the channel fields, hover over the gray question mark icons with your cursor.Some things to pay attention to in the Finalize step (for the 'Standard' market):
- GTIN/MPN/Brand fields: Either GTIN, MPN or Brand is mandatory to fill in for the feed to be accepted. All three fields say they are mandatory in the Finalize step, but as long as one of the three is filled in for your products the feed should be accepted by Facebook.
- Group variant items: If you want to group your variant items on Facebook you need to connect an identifier field to 'item_group_id'. This is an optional field in the Finalize step. Connect a field with an identifier that is shared by all variants of a product group (often called 'parent_id' or 'item_group_id').
- Check your feed in the Preview and Quality steps. If there are any errors for mandatory fields, solve these first by optimizing your product data with rules and/or connecting the right fields in the Finalize step. Repeat if needed.
When your Facebook Dynamic Ads feed is all set up, activate the feed in the Settings tab of the feed and run it. You will now see a URL in the Preview step. You can use this URL to upload the feed to Facebook Business.
Uploading the feed to Facebook Business
See this article for a step-by-step guide on how to upload your Facebook Dynamic Ads feed to Facebook Business.