Before you send your Shopping Ad campaigns to Google Ads, you can check the results in the Preview step and you need to activate the generator in the Settings step.
Checking the Preview step
In the Preview step, you can check your Shopping Ad setup on campaign, ad group, product group and negative keyword level. On each level you can see the status of the objects ('Enabled', 'Paused' or with an error).
- On the Campaign level, you will see the campaign(s) that will be created by this generator. If you use a dynamic field for the 'Campaign name', you will see all different campaign names that will be generated:
- On the Ad group level, you will see an overview of all ad groups in the campaign you clicked on. You will also see a column called 'From dynamic ad group'. This column will show by which Dynamic Shopping Ad group generator the ad group is generated:
For more information on using multiple Shopping Ad Group generators, see this article.
- On the Product group level, you will see the different product group subdivisions of the specific items. For example, if you have configured the product groups as: [brand] (level 1), [color] (level 2) and [product id] (level 3), the preview will show as follows:
- The Negative keywords show all negative keywords (within the ad group you have selected).
- You can also search for specific items, filter on errors or sort the order of the preview by using the options in the top bar.
- Lastly, if you made changes and want to check them in the Preview, you can click on 'Reload preview' on the right-hand side. This will do a dry run of the generator, so even if the generator is active, it will only run it to renew the preview - it won't send anything to your Google Ads account.
You will also see the generator status ('Finished', 'Running' or 'Failed') and the statistics (number of campaigns, ad groups and negative keywords) here:
Activating and running the generator
If you are happy with the preview in Channable, you are ready to activate the Shopping Ads generator. In order to activate the generator, you need to go back to the Settings step. First, make sure you have set up the Google Status and Sync Status the way you want (for more information, see this article). If you are ready, click on 'Activate'. Your Shopping Ad generator is now activated and you can run it to send your Shopping Ad campaigns to your Google Ads account.